6 January 2014

Lyle & Scott: Androgynous Winter Chic


As I sit here at my desk, warming my numb fingertips around a steaming mug of green tea (of course; the clue is in the URL), trying to lean as close to the radiator as possible without toppling inelegantly off my chair, I know one thing for sure: January is here. The month that schools mark as the beginning of the 'spring term' when actually, the UK's harsh winter weather is just beginning. (Let's just say I was on my way to college at 8:30 this morning and it was still dark. And raining. And freezing cold. My umbrella blew inside out so many times that I gave up and bitterly accepted that I would have to allow the downpour to soak me on my half hour trudge through the mud.)

And when it comes to the icy bite of January temperatures, menswear is the way to go. It is a well-known fact that in winter every young girl in Britain seems to kit herself out in as much menswear as possible - why, I ask, do they make mens' jumpers so much more comfortable? Must women always suffer for fashion, or in this case, warmth?

But it is possible to wrap yourself up warm and cosy while still remaining as fashionable as you can get - without, God forbid, wearing clothes for your own gender. Thanks to Lyle & Scott's sophisticated, excellently designed winterwear, both fashion-conscious men and women can keep the chill out for this attack of monstrous weather.

And the root of this androgynous style, you ask? L&S's tartan scarf, crafted from 100% quality lambswool. I can imagine nothing more comforting than knowing I could tumble out of my toasty bed in the morning, throw on my biggest coat and chunkiest boots, and sling a soft, snug scarf around my neck, ready to brave the darkness that is The Outside. And paired with one of the brand's signature logo sweaters, you have reached the perfect balance of effortless masculine chic.

Tonight, countless girls will sleep a little easier knowing there is a brand out there offering them the help that they need to stay looking good in these last arctic months of winter.

Don't forget to shop Lyle & Scott accessories here!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes sure, I just followed you on bloglovin :) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! you have an adorable blog!
    I found this post to be very helpful due to the fact that it's winter and I need
    new outfit ideas. How about we both follow each other? Maybe we can both help each other
    gain followers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck with the competition hun, love your boots!

    I found your blog via Bloglovin and it would be great if you could take a look at my latest posts and say hi :) xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/uk-fashion-blog-lurchhoundloves

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic entry :) I've also entered but I wanted to wish you the best of luck :)
    Cute blog - I'm following you now!
    Please keep in touch :) take a visit over to my blog if you have a spare moment and say hey!
    Andrea
    www.lanouvellenoire.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this post! I love that outfit!

    xo,
    Heather

    http://reverieno17.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! I love your blog and your posts are so good! I'm a new blogger and would love it if you could check out my blog and maybe give it a follow? :) x
    http://theperksofmeg.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice blog you have there.
    Also like that post a lot!!

    Christina ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey I love your blog, great work :) please come and have a look at mine. If you decide to follow me, I’ll follow you back :) xx

    http://lifewithalipglosssmile.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete